11/21/2006

You have GOT to be kidding me

Ok now, what the heck... Sometimes it's truly amazing the people that we come across in our country. I agree entirely with what Paul had to say about this article - "Ignorance, personified." I mean seriously, talk about stereotyping tons of people and an entirey industry without looking at it with an open mind. I think the only part of the article I can agree with is this:

The problem with this stuff is that some people can deal with it constructively… but other people get addicted to it, just like opium, just like drugs and alcohol…

And clearly that means that it is a plague on society that could never provide any benefits at all to society as a whole and needs to be eradicated so America doesn't fall to its knees.

The last quote of the article is indeed the best part, though:

I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America… did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them? …I really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They’re not playing the video games. They’re killing real people over there.

Oh, I guess I better go turn my life around because of the horrible things I'm doing by working for an industry that has this staggeringly negative effect for America. Clearly I can't have a conversation held on with me. I guess he's saying we have something to learn from the jihadists (is that even a word?). They're killing real people over there while we're not. That's just brilliant.

Idiot >_<

No comments: