8/08/2003

Interview.

1) What has been the best experience in your life to date?
Wow, that's really tough... hmm... I guess I would say when I had the realization about how content I really am with my life currently. When I look back at the things that I hoped and dreamed about growing up, I've accomplished almost all of them. There are still things that I want to do and work on, but I'm happy with how my life has progressed to this point. I don't remember when I exactly had this realization, but it was a spectacular experience ^_^


2) What is your family life like?
Hmm... not as wonderful as I would like sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and my sister a great deal. But because we grew up in very different cultures, and hold many varying opinions, I find us disagreeing on many subjects, which really divides us. As per my sister and I, we have recently gotten closer, but now that she's moved away, I don't see her nearly as much. I've always been a loner, so I'm sure that is a good part of it. As per my extended family, we are all very caring about each other, but are always SO busy and in SO many different locations, it is oftentimes years between when we see each other. Weddings are usually the only big get together, and even then, it's not always everyone.


3) What state do you think the world is in today?
The world is currently in a very similar but unique state to what it always has been. When compared to a Utopia, we are obviously far from it, and compared to the world hundreds of years ago, we have made a great deal of progress. However, we are constantly plagued by pain, greed and backstabbing in foreign and domestic affairs. I think it's really sad that a success in this world may be one who lies, cheats and steals to make his way to the top. There are many things awry with this world; I think a perfect indicator is to look at the world that we grew up in when we were children, (which, of course, was not perfect) and compare it to how children grow up today, surrounded by violence and video games, living in a very superficial world. I am definately curious to see what kind of a world my children will grow up in. *shrugs* Who knows? My take, although it may seem pessimistic, also can be summed up very easily, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi


4) Did you ever have a pet growing up? Talk about him/her.
Hmm... pet... I do remember having gerbils at some point... they were a lot of fun to play around with, they ran around the house and everything, (we even had one of those little balls that they run around in) then one of them had babies, fourteen, if I remember right... I think many of them died =( To be completely honest, I really don't remember them very vividly. We also had a tank with a few fish in them (goldfish as one, I believe) and again, one of them had babies, and one of the fish ate all but one of them... Wow, with pet stories like that, you could grow up awfully screwed up in the head. *_* I honestly don't remember them very well, and if you know me, you know I don't remember much of my childhood. On a lighter note, many of my friends had dogs, John had Sandy, Sean had Patches (a bit later, after growing a while), and Michael had Pepper, so I played with them all while growing up, so I got my pet experiences there. =P


5) What's the stupidest thing you ever did to impress a girl?
Any question that starts with "What's the stupidest..." cannot bode well... now, see the problem with asking someone who grew up in the "out" crowd is that normally they don't have to guts to actually go DO anything, so the answer usually won't be very juicy. The only thing that I can think of is a time back in high school, when there was a girl that I liked that went to another school, and I went by her school at like six in the morning and dropped by a rose with a note on it (to be delivered to her later in the day) asking her to my school's prom (knowing full well the most probable answer) Needless to say, she of course said no, which was incredibly awkward, especially since her best friend apparently had a huge crush on me. Wheeee! =P


THE RULES!
1 -- Leave a comment saying you want to be interviewed.
2 -- I will respond; I'll ask you five questions (they may be of a personal nature).
3 -- You'll update your journal with my five questions and your five answers.
4 -- You'll include this explanation.
5 -- You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

No comments: