8/01/2003

Inspire.

It's been so long.

The life that flows inside of you burns inside of me.

I had nearly forgotten what it felt like to really listen.

They love to tell you stay inside the lines.

To more than just hear music, to feel it.

Scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far.

To close your eyes and disappear.

I almost fell into that hole in your life. And you're not thinking about tomorrow.

To let the words tell you a story.

You make the sound of laughter. And sharpened nails seem softer.

A story of life.

I know I'll see you again, whether far or soon.

Of loss.

The pistol's shakin' in my hands, and all I hear is the sound.

Of happiness?

The light was just right, it reminded me twice that I was alive.

To just try and imagine.

I will hold you close if you're afraid of heights.

What the writer felt when writing it.

'Cause it's always raining in my head. Forget all the things I should have said.

Was it written over tear soaked pages?

So lonely inside so busy out there. And all you wanted was somebody who cares.

Was it an epic, written over years?

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.

An inspiration, jotted on a napkin?

And so you wait. And lie awake. For a lonely miracle.

It's the kind of art that numbs all fears.

A baby crying through a dream. An afterthought.

That gives a connection.

Something 'bout the way your hair falls in your face.

Were they aware of the inspiration behind their words?

And now I wish that I could turn back the hours but I know i just don't have the power.

That people would relate their past.

Since I said I'm sorry. Since I've seen the way the candle lights your face.

Their pains.

'Cause I'm fucked up because you are. Need attention, attention you couldn't give.

Their emotions.

I don't want you back. You're just the best I ever had.

And feel like the song was speaking to noone but them.

To make up your own ending and let me know just how you feel.

A single voice in an ocean of noise.

I'm waiting for the sky to fall. I'm waiting for a sign.

To be able to show you.

Tease me, by holding out your hand. Then leave me, or take me as I am.

New worlds.

You won't let me fall. You still my heart and you take my breath away.

New thoughts.

And she wonders where these dreams go, 'cause the world got in her way.

New dreams.

Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself. Maybe I'll wake up for once.

To be able to blur the edge of reality.

I am not made of steel. But your secrets' safe with me.

To give a short escape.

We just need your help, so glad you're here.

From which you have to leave.

When everything feels like the movies. And you bleed just to know you're alive.

And leave you questioning.

No disappointment 'til I wake up. Don't want to wake up.

What is real, and just a dream.

And I'm somewhere in between. What is real, and just a dream.

No comments: