1/30/2006

Done.

Alright, so in the last week, I've done some of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. I've told a spectacularly talented group of people that I've worked with that I won't be working with them again. I've accepted a new job. I've committed to doing something I never thought I would do - I'm leaving Austin. I quit my job. I've started to realize the full impact of leaving the Austin game development environment. I've met with my supervisors about quitting and realized how my leaving will effect the team. There's a lot of layers here. And even through all that, I'm still crazy excited, but more curious about the future.

It's time for a new step.

I'll be moving to Dallas within 3 weeks, and will be searching to buy a home in the next 2 months. I'm going to be working with some talented and excited people at Ensemble Studios.

I'm excited and afraid at the same time. I'm looking forward to the future, almost purely from an adventurer's standpoint. What's around the next corner? Truly time will tell.

If you're in Austin, I'd love to hang out with you before I go. Otherwise, you should come visit me in Dallas. I still have yet to say goodbye to Austin, but I've got a little time left.

No comments: